- RSVP for a Prospective Teacher Information Session
- Saturday School will be held from 9am-12pm on the following dates: 4/18, 4/25, 5/9, 5/16, 5/30.
Dear Prospective Teachers,
The Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights is a new member of the New York Performance Standards Consortium. We anticipate the following openings for the 2015-2016 school year:
- Science (Physics strongly encouraged to apply)
- Social Studies
- Students with Disabilities (Generalist, Mathematics, Sciences)
- Career and Technical Education (Nurse’s Assisting or Emergency Medical Services preferred).
- Dual certification in Students with Disabilities or English to Speakers of Other Languages and the above content area preferred.
The Institute strives to help each student attain an individualized education consistent with the values of leadership, scholarship, and service through building relationships between students, parents, staff, and community partners. Students become artists, historians, scientists, mathematicians, literary scholars, and health care workers by learning to do the work of these disciplines. Collaboration and teamwork are essential elements of an education at The Institute. The faculty works collaboratively to ensure that student needs are being met by constantly learning about the most effective types of instruction and supports to help students meet their learning goals. Students and their families are integral members of The Institute team. Through advisories, students form important relationships with the faculty and play an important role in designing their educational experience.
The school values teachers who desire to:
- Actively collaborate with with multiple teams (Grade-level, Humanities, STEM, SWDs, ELLs) to plan and implement curriculum.
- Implement written, oral, and visual Performance-Based Assessments and a project-based curriculum.
- Serve as an advisor to foster the development of a just community by advocating for students, communicating with parents, and participating on our Fairness Committee.
- Develop and participate in after school and/or Saturday tutoring, enrichment, sports, arts, and family programs.
- Participate in professional development such as inquiry work, intervisitations, and teacher common planning.
Interested candidates should RSVP for our Information Session and submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2015-2016."
IHPCH Hiring Committee
207-01 116th Avenue, Cambria Heights, NY |